The CFESA Cares Scholarship Program
CFESA Cares Mission Statement:
Providing support and resources to inspire and educate those servicing commercial food equipment.
Eligible applicants are invited to compete for scholarships that will provide the education needed to pursue a career in the commercial food equipment service industry.
Scholarships will be awarded for use towards tuition fees and educational materials during the 2019 academic calendar year. In addition to the $2,500 scholarship, all recipients will be assigned a 30-minute personal coaching session with author and motivational speaker, Bryan Dodge.
Do I qualify?
- Applicants must be 18 years or older to apply
- Applicants must have obtained or currently working on obtaining a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants should be those interested in pursuing technical careers in the commercial food service industry.
- Highly motivated
- Customer Service Driven
- Forward thinking self starter
- Desire for learning and growth
- Displays communication skills
- Exhibits initiative and leaderships qualities
- Service oriented through outside activities and interests
Applicants are expected to choose two of the four essay questions to answer. These responses will be used in our selection process.
- If awarded this scholarship, please tell us how this training opportunity would positively affect your career as service technician.
- Customer satisfaction is key to the survival of any food service company in the industry today. Describe a field experience you had where you went above and beyond to satisfy a customer’s needs?
- Teamwork is the key to success in the restaurant industry, describe a situation or project where teamwork was essential, and what you found most rewarding and challenging about that experience.
- Describe a service or charitable activity you have participated in or supported, and how that experience had impacted you and your career goals.
Applicants can begin submitting applications beginning December 1, 2018. All completed applications must be submitted or postmarked by March 8, 2019, and received within one week.
How do I apply:
Details for the submission process will be available December 1, 2018
The Commercial Food Equipment Services Association is the trade association of professional service and parts distributor. Since 1963, the Commercial Food Equipment Service Association (CFESA) is (has been) the standard for service excellence in the restaurant equipment industry. CFESA is comprised of more than 450+ members world wide comprised of service companies, food equipment manufacturers, and other food service related companies. The vision of CFESA is to be recognized as the standard of excellence for servicing commercial food equipment.
About Bryan Dodge:
A native of Colorado Springs, Colorado, Bryan Dodge began his career in agricultural sales after graduating from the University of Nebraska. His desire to excel led him to become an avid student of success habits and leadership principles. Bryan Dodge is dedicated to empowering people to be their best. He has delivered thousands of presentations over the past 25+ years, to clients as diverse as Fortune 500 corporations, community organizations, and small family-owned businesses. In every presentation, Bryan gives clients an inspiring, educational and actionable experience. Bryan blends an engaging, energized approach with practical techniques and tools that empower clients to immediately start tapping their full potential.